Hi, Friday is a day where I plan on giving to you my power rankings, pertaining to any large subdivision of the sports world, and this week, its Big East basketball, the conference I find the most exciting from all across college campuses!
- Pittsburgh Panthers – One of the top five teams in the country, with only two losses, the Panthers whom are atop the Big East standings, at 8-1 in conference play, hence, it shouldn’t bring forth to you any suprise that the Panthers pound in here at the number one spot! The resùme for Pittsburgh is looking pretty decent.
- Notre Dame Fighting Irish – Suprise! That is just what type of team Notre Dame is this year, ranking in the top ten for the second week in a row. All is well in Hansbrough town, after the Irish improve to 7-3 in conference play with a blow out win over Depaul.
- Louisville Cardinals– Ranking fourth in the Big East, I really like this Cardinals squad because of the balanced offense and the amazing shooting ability from their back court. This team is going to have a strong finish, a wise man once said “Any team that can shoot, can win.”
- Villanova Wildcats – Corey Fisher is yet to put up 100 points in a single game as he supposedly did this summer, albeit he has had a great season, leading his squad to the top of the Big East. This is a team, though, I have a hard time believing they will stay consistent.
- West Virginia Mountaineers – Bobby Huggins deserves a hug for stringing together another tough squad after Duke dethroned them at the Final Four last year! Casey Mitchell is a provider of senior leadership for this young WVU squad.
- Syracuse Orange
- Cincinnati Bearcats
- Connecticut Huskies
- Georgetown Bulldogs
- St. John’s Red Storm
- Seton Hall Pirates
- Marquette Golden Eagles
- Providence Friars
- Rutgers Scarlet Knights
- South Florida Bulls
- Depaul Blue Demons
Only team’s in the top 35 percentile received captions, italics indicate no caption for a reason.